Per Wisconsin Statute 704.27
The rental period is from the first day of the month until the last day of the month. When moving out you are required to give a written, 28-day notice. This notice MUST be given at least 28 days prior to the last day of the month that you wish to move.
If, at the end of the month, you are still in possession of your unit (unit not cleaned and all keys not returned) you will be billed double daily rent for each day, until you return your keys.
Once your keys have been turned in your Security Deposit can be refunded, less any itemized deductions within 21 days (per state law)
The following is a list of tasks that you need to carry out before your residency ends in order to receive a full security deposit refund:
- Remove all your personal items and belongings, including but not limited to, any mattresses and furniture. Make sure belongings are removed from basement, and common areas.
- Wash and clean the interior of the property, including but not limited to, shampooing carpets, cleaning the floors, walls, windows, all appliances, and put in its original place (if included in your rental). you will have to leave the rental unit broom clean, and move in ready condition.
- Tidy up the lawn, sidewalks, and parking of the property. This includes trimming the grass and removing any weeds, snow or ice.
- Dispose of all food, trash and unwanted items in the property. Clean all cabinets and pantries. Make sure all garbage is in the trash receptacle and not spilling over, or left outside of receptacles.
- Call electric company, water and telephone companies and let them know that service need to be stopped one day after move out.
- Repair any damages that were caused during your residency.
- Fill all nail holes.
- All light bulbs and, smoke detector batteries must be in working condition (just like when you moved in)
Please make sure that all tasks are carried out by the move out inspection date and time.